Call for Artists – Remote Access
Applications have now closed for Remote Access. We shall be announcing the line up very soon.
We’re commissioning a series of fun creative projects in digital spaces for everyone’s enjoyment to be part of the Remote Access strand of the Go the Distance festival.
First Art welcomes, with open arms, applications from any individuals, artists or organisations to create great digital artistic content to appeal to a wide range of audiences online. This could include families with young children to people with disabilities but there must be a strong emphasis on work that would appeal to people who may not ordinarily engage in the arts.
We’re offering commissions between £500-£3,500 to support individuals and organisations. We will allocate a proportion of this funding to support individuals and organisations based within the First Art area (Ashfield and Mansfield in Nottinghamshire, and Bolsover and North East Derbyshire in Derbyshire).
What we want to do:
- Commission a series of projects that provide a little light relief to people’s lives in these moments of isolation
- Inspire audiences to access this content in a period when they are not physically able to connect directly
- Encourage proposals that positively connect audiences to new artistic experiences and to one another
Who will we support?
We will consider individuals and organisations from across all art forms including dance, theatre, music, visual arts, storytelling, painting, sculpture, photography, design, crafts, heritage, museums, literature, poetry, film and digital media.
The projects we support must demonstrate:
- a strong artistic idea
- content that can be shared online
- a well-considered approach to the potential to reach audiences (especially audiences who may not ordinarily engage in the arts) in their proposal.
What do we mean by digital?
By digital, we mean the digital technology and online spaces and places that people use every day. This includes social media, YouTube, apps, music, mobile phones, websites; we are open to ideas.
When must I apply by?
Applications are now closed for Remote Access.