Pack up some sarnies and come and soak up the summer with us at the beautiful Kenning Park, Clay Cross for an afternoon of puppetry picnic fun.
WilderNests by Handmade Theatre
A family show with singing and dancing woodland animal puppets.
- Shows at 1pm and 4pm (each lasts 30 mins)
- Suitable for all ages
Animal Puppet Making Workshop
Create your very own animal puppet to take home, using recycled materials.
- 12pm and 3pm (lasts 1 hour)
- Suitable ages 5+
- Booking required – see below
Kenning Park Forest School
Craft activities and a children’s play area including hammocks, swings and a slackline will run throughout the afternoon. Families are welcome to stay, play and enjoy the surroundings.
Need to know
- If you fancy a picnic, you’ll need to bring your own along – there will be some blankets and chairs on site to sit on but you might like to bring your own
- There will be some basic refreshments available to buy on the day
- Toilet facilities are available on site
- If you’re coming by car, there are two small car parks you can use: one on Holmgate Road, the other for The Fisheries, accessed from Clay Lane
- Kenning Park is situated to the back of Clay Cross library – see a map here.
How to book on the workshops
Workshops are free but booking is required due to places being limited and on a first come, first served basis To book your place click the button to email us at email@example.com and tell us how many people you’d like places for and their ages. Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- The site is flat and accessible by wheelchair
- If you have any access queries or requirements please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org